Widely-recognized, the LEED Green Building concept is followed by a variety of professionals, both in and outside of the Green Building Industry. This workshop is ideal for Architects, Engineers, Facility Owners, Contractors, Construction Managers, Sustainability Consultants, Architectural Designers, Interior Designers, Lawyers, Builders, Product Representatives, Facility Managers, Real Estate Brokers, Teacher, Students, and anyone interested in understanding green building principles or looking to start a career in green building.
Workshop Date and Time:
29 August 2019, Thursday, 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM
KIB Convention Center, Farmgate, Dhaka – 1207
Professionals/General: BDT 2000+VAT
Student, BGMEA, BKMEA and ASHRAE Members: BDT 1,500.00 +VAT 15%
(*Seats are very limited. First come first serve)
bkash at 01747910939 or call for other payment options
01747910939, 01713044152, 01919010093
This Day long Green Building, Green Factory & USGBC (LEED) Learning Workshop is to impart knowledge on Sustainable Development, Green Building Concepts, USGBC’s LEED Rating System and share best practices and possibilities in Green Buildings in Bangladesh. That includes; –
* Expose the participants to the basic information on Global Warming, Sustainable Development, Green Building and Certification System
* Enlighten the participants with the knowledge of global Green Certificate Authorities and LEED Rating System and explain about LEED Rating system’s categories in credit by credit for further understanding
* Explain Green Buildings core values and Triple Bottom Line benefit and the Mythology about first costs
* Participants will have an opportunity to check a score sheet to evaluate their project’s possible certification level
* Provide a platform for networking
* Facilitate exploring new business opportunities
This workshop will have a USGBC Accredited Professional (USGBC Faculty, LEED AP BD+C, LEED AP EB O+M & LEED AP ID+C), Green Building Expert from Greensketch Consultant and a group of local experts with number of Green Building and Green Factory projects experiences to explain all aspect of Green Building certification process and technical information along with the highlights of the opportunities in Bangladesh.
This Workshop will also have presentations (Proposed) by Bangladesh Bank regarding Sustainable Financing, by SREDA regarding Energy Efficiency Initiatives by Bangladesh Government, and by BIFFL regarding Low Interest Green Financing opportunities and IDCOL regarding Renewable Energy Financing.
Workshop Sessions Timeline:
Registration: 09.30 to 10.00
Inaugural Session: 10.00 to 11.00
• National Anthem & Inaugural Session
Workshop Session One: 11.00 to 11.30
• Introduction of Sponsors and Thanks
• GREEN is the way to go…
• About 360 TSL and Green Creations
Tea Break: (11.00 to 11.30) snacks, Tea/Coffee
Workshop Session Two: 11.30 to 01.30
• Why needs GREEN
• Global Warming
• Source of Carbon (CO2) Emissions
• Sustainable Development
• Sustainable Development & Green Development
• What is Green Building?
• Green Building Certification System
• Green Building Characterizations
• Green Building Summary
• Green Building Significant
• Green Building Authority
• U S Green Building Council
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
• USGBC Quarterly Update
• World Green Building Council
• LEED Rating System
• Core Value of Green Building & The Triple Bottom Line Benefits
• Cost of LEED
• Facts vs Myths
Lunch Break: (1.30 to 2.30) Lunch Serve
Workshop Session Three: 02.30 to 03.30
Representatives from a financial institutes and Government Office will be present to explain Green Financing for Green Factory, Building and Products.
• Bangladesh Bank
Workshop Session Four: 03.30 to 05.30
• Introduction to LEED
• Goals of LEED
• Benefits of Using LEED
• LEED Rating System
• LEED Certification Process
• LEED Scoring Structures
• Credits and points
• LEED Certification Application and Submission
• LEED Documentation
• Plan and Policy needed for LEED
• Technical Analysis and Facilitation
• Simple and Step by Step process of green building certifications
• Exercises on score card
• LEED certification Time Line
• Q & A
• Participation Certificate
LEED AP BD+C, LEED AP EB O+M, LEED AP ID+C
360 Total Solution Limited
Ananta Ahmed is USGBC Faculty (1st in Bangladesh), LEED AP BD+C, LEED AP EB O+M & LEED AP ID+C (Professional Credentials given by U S Green Building Council) and he was LEED Green Associate (1st in Bangladesh) since 2012 and he is the only professional in Bangladesh with USGBC Faculty Status and 3 (Three) USGBC Credentials.
Ananta Ahmed at 360 TSL received a great acknowledgement from USGBC for his work in the Green Building Field (29 March 2018). He has become licensed USGBC Faculty (1st in Bangladesh). The success is even bigger considering that there are in the world 121 Faculty on over 206,000 LEED Professionals (AP and GA).
Ananta Ahmed is a Licensed Real Estate and Mortgage Professional based in Toronto, Canada. He started his real state career in 2001 and during this time he involved with new development, energy efficiency audit, sustainable design and project implementation. He also studies in Sustainable development, Green building, LEED rating system and LEED Certification process.
In 2010, Ananta Ahmed came back to Bangladesh and start promoting Green Building Concept to Developers, Business Owners, Companies and Organizations. He became Management Consultant to Cityscape International and incorporated Green Building Concept to Cityscape Tower (First commercial project in Bangladesh with USGBC LEED Platinum Level Certification).
Ananta Ahmed is a pioneer in Green Building Consultancy in Bangladesh and providing full range of consultancy services to 50+ companies with 120+ projects with 16+ Million Sq. Ft. Projects Ratting System includes LEED BD+C CS v3 2009, LEED BD+C NC v3 2009, LEED EB O+M v3 2009, LEED Campus v3, LEED ID+C v3 2009, LEED BD+C v4 2014, LEED EB O+M v4 2014, LEED Campus v4 etc.